Fool's Chaos on Soundcloud

Monday, August 13, 2012

(Gaming) Paul Steed passed away R.I.P

Back in the early days of 3D acceleration (The 3DFX years), one of the game industry persona's that really stood out was Paul Steed. My favorite websites like Voodoo Extreme, Bluesnews, Planet Quake, etc were so exciting back then, as 3D gaming on PC was just hitting it's stride and there was always something amazing around the corner (which would lead you to buy a new video card unfortunately but it was exciting nonetheless)

I remember reading Paul Steed's Plan file updates which were sassy, in your face with attitude, somewhat controversial for the time, and unforgettable. Paul had a hand in many games that are classics today, but mainly known for his time at ID software. If your a fan of Quake 2, the intro movie was created by Paul. The man was a real talent as what he did, and I wish I could have met him. He seemed to be a real character, beloved and reviled by some, but someone who made a real mark on the gaming industry, and I salute him.

The Jace hall show (Someone who I greatly respect as he founded Monolith and had his hands involved in making some of my favorite games, Blood, Shogo, Condemned, and Fear) had an amazing and funny interview with Paul and I would like to share it here. I am working on a followup to my track Lost in Dreams, and I would like to dedicate the original (Which can be played below) and the sequel when I finish and release it. I will update this post with a link to it when finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment